We were delighted to be joined by over 70 fantastic speakers for the first ever GDI Hub #DisabilitySummit
The sold out event explored the potential of design and innovaiton, from wheelchairs to wearable tech, art, culture, charity, corporate and sport.
It was an inspiring, dynamic and engertic couple of days; a fantastic starting point for collaborations.
Over the coming weeks we'll be providing a more detailed write up; exploring some of the particular highlights. In the mean time we want to say a huge thank you to everyone that helped to put on the event, from Sodexo our catering sponsor through to our speakers, partners and suppliers.
Speakers at the summit included;
- Charlotte V McClain-Nhlape (Global Disability Advisor, World Bank)
- Tom Watt-Smith (Producer, Big Life Fix) & Ross Atkin (Designer, Big Life Fix)
- Chapal Khasnabis (Assistive Technology Lead, World Health Organisation)
- Neil Heslop (Chief Executive, Leonard Cheshire Disability)
- Jess Markt (Disability Sport & Intergration, International Committee for the Red Cross)
- Penny Mordaunt MP (Minister of State for Disabled People, Health & Work)
- Tim Hollingsworth OBE (Chief Executive, British Paralympic Association)
- Dan Brooke (Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Chanel 4)
- David Constantine MBE (Co-founder & designer, Motivation)